Symantec Data Loss Prevention, a world leader in the DLP market, has recently released a version of their DLP product for tablets. Symantec Data Loss Prevention for Tablets will give organizations the ability to protect sensitive data on tablets it issues to employees as well as BYOD tablets that have access to the messenging services of the organization.
The new tablet focused solution will provide comprehensive, content-aware protection while still allowing users the freedom to access their applications and data from their tablets. The solution is available now for the Apple iPad with plans to support other tablet operating systems and platforms in the future.
The solution will run on what Symantec calls a Symantec Data Loss Prevention Tablet Prevent Server and will monitor outbound traffic via a proxy. The tablet users will have their network communications routed through a VPN that is monitored by the proxy.
Other key features include:
– Monitors messages and attachments sent over Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
– Monitors messages and attachments sent from webmail like Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, and others running over HTTP and HTTPS
– Monitors web uploads and postings to sites like Dropbox, Twitter, Facebook, and others on both HTTP and HTTPS
– Exclusive enhanced web protection that seamlessly strips sensitive data from web posts
– Broad integration support for existing enterprise web proxies and gateways
– Agentless solution
– Fully integrated with the Symantec Enforce Platform for universal policies and reporting
– Compatible with mobile management solutions to configure and enforce the VPN configuration
– ICAP compliant for monitoring SSL encrypted traffic via a web proxy server
Symantec Data Loss Prevention for Tablets should prove to be an excellent tool for organizations to protect tablet users against the threat of sensitive data loss.